Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

File exported in Excel not modifiable

Hi all,

when I export a table from Qlik (8.5) to an Excel 2010 the file is not modifiable.

The multifuction bar seems disabled and is not clickable.

I've compared the Excel protection settings of this computer with those of  another computer where the export works correctly but they seem the same.

Where is the problem according to you?

Claudio

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Claudio

I am not sure what you mean by multifunction bar - are you referring to the toolbar in Excel?

since I do not have version 8.5, any testing I would do would not be valid - there are export option in settings/user preferences/export but those options would be the same for all users

is it possible to post the excel file?

if you cannot post the file, can you post a screen sample of what is disabled?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Probably in Excel.

On the problem machine, does Excel display a yellow notification bar at the top (stating that editing has been disabled)?

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

that was my thinking - the file is being created read only or is somehow getting marked as final version - both of those items will place the yellow bar at the top

also, if you go the the File Menu, is the save as icon selected, and next to it does it say Read-Only workbook?

Not applicable
Author

The bar at the top of the program. I mean the new menu bar with buttons. The file works on other computers so I think the problem is related to a setting of Excel on that pc.

Not applicable
Author

Now I don't have here that pc, but there was a message saying that the file was opened in caompatible mode. But the same message appears also on the pcs where the same file is modifiable.

Not applicable
Author

I can't choose the File voice of the menu beacause that menu is disabled.