Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Files containing Embeded licenses - gives error message

I'm new to QlikView and am reading/going through the exercises in "QlikView 11 for Develoeprs". I'm working through Chapter 7 "Scripting"/"Script Statements" now. But I have run into an issue I don't understand and haven't found anything about doing searches. When I reload the data when it says to in the "Adding the aircraft groups".

I get the following message and the script reload fails:

"This file contains an embedded license. However, since the data model has changed since its creation, the embedded license will be removed if you save the file."

I save the file (both in the script editor and the document/QVW file, then try the reload again and it still gives me the same message and fails. I even closed and reopend the QVW file and it gives me the same message and fails. 

I am using a fully licensed version of QlikView - not the personal edition.

Does anyone have any idea about how to get past this?

TIA

15 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I just got the error - "This file contains an embedded license. However, since the data model has changed since its creation, the embedded license will be removed if you save the file."

It happens in chapter 7/Scripting - Loading the second aircraft table. I fixed it by using the file that the author provided above.
But I'd like to know the reason for this error.

Not applicable
Author

I had the same problem when starting out with Chapter 7.  Grabbed your solution for Chapter 6 from the link above and it's all gliding along nicely again.  Thanks, Barry!  (Great book, by the way...!)

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for this Barry, however I am getting the following message from Dropbox, therefore I can't proceed.

I got a message saying that my file had inconsistencies and I couldn't open it which I still can't get to the bottom of (glad I'm working through examples and it wasn't a real-world application!).

I therefore copied the solution files for chapter 6 and similarly changed the Aircrafts tab as instructed. I am getting the same message as all those above but can't download the files from Dropbox:

publinks.png

Error (429)

This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

How can I proceed and what is the reason for this error as John Wayne has asked, as I can't see any problems in the CSV file itself?

Thanks,
Scott

barryharmsen
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Scott,

I added it to Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B27aezs2JzgvY3Rkc0xKRndmQ28/view?usp=sharing

Kind regards,

Barry

Not applicable
Author

Thanks very much Barry, any idea why it didn't work with the original files? I looked at the CSV and there seemed to be nothing untoward.

Regards,
Scott

Not applicable
Author

Sorry Barry,

Still not getting anywhere. All is fine until I change the script in the Aircrafts tab which seems to reload ok, then once I press ok, it says "Execution of script failed. Reload old data?"

I noticed I have also lost one recovery attempt as another user created the file.

Thanks again,
Scott