Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter of text box

Hi all

I have search around but couldn't find anything relating to my query..

I want to create a report which is just a line by line listing of various variable - like an Excel list essentially.

In my data I have 4 'types' of data.  I need to have each of the 4 types as a separate page(s) with a text box header for each type.

I set up the listing a straight table with a filter in the expression which works (although I need to find a way to hide the 'calculated' column)

My problem is, each of the 4 pages needs to have a header row with dynamic variables, for example a name specific to that 'type',and I need to apply the same filtering to the textbox as I have the straight table.

So, to cut a long story short, a) can I hide a column in a straight table and b) how can I apply a filter to a dynamic text box?

Many thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If you want to hide the column, on the Presentation tab, select the expression you want to hide the column for and select ' Hide Column' - hope this helps/works

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

yes, you can hid columns in a straight table and there are a few differnt methods.  You can set up your dimension and or expressions to be conditional - they will only show when the condition is met - is is usually accomplished by the user selecting something, having a variable set and then the condtion tests the variable and only shows when the condition is true - the same can be done at the column level on the presentation tab

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Adam

Any idea about the text box filter?

Many thanks

Not applicable
Author

Paul - can you send an example of what youa re looking for

You can add text boxes over each column and have the text be based on the selection(s) you have made.

Alos, for each column label in the table, you can make that an expression as well

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The table I am creating could be a simple table box (as I just trying to replicate an Excel type listing) but I used a straight table in order to add an expression so I could filter the table and only show relevant rows.

The thing is, I dont really want to show the expression field!  I can probably work around but ideally I would just like to hide the 'expression' column.

I hope that makes sense?!

BTW, many thanks for your help and patience!

Not applicable
Author

Maybe I am not understanding correctly but when you say hide expression field, are you referring to the label of the column or the entire column?

any examples or screenshots would be helpful

you can scramble the data if you need to - something that shows what you are getting now in Qlik and what you do not want to show

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The entire column. As I say, I am only using an expression so I can filter the list on a certain variable (and Suppress 0 values), but I don’t actually want to show that column

Count (IF( = 'Motor',[Claim Type])) (The expression is the last column)

Paul Lazard

Data Analyst

Jelf

Tel: 01454 525002 Mob: 07894 395105

Insurance<http://www.jelfgroup.com/page/business-services/insurance> | Employee Benefits<http://www.jelfgroup.com/page/business-services/employee-benefits> | Financial Planning<http://www.jelfgroup.com/page/individual-services/financial-planning>

Jelf

Hillside Court, Bowling Hill, Chipping Sodbury, BS37 6JX Tel: 01454 272727 Fax: 01454 272728

P Think green - please do not print this email unless you really need to

This email, and all related attachments, is strictly confidential and intended solely for the person or organisation to whom it is addressed. If you have received this information in error, please notify us as soon as possible and delete the email. If you are not the intended recipient, you must not copy, distribute or take any action in reference to it. Any such action may be unlawful.

Jelf Insurance Brokers Ltd* (Reg No. 0837227), Jelf Wellbeing Ltd* (Reg No. 2647586), Jelf Financial Planning Ltd* (Reg No. 3072281) and Jelf Commercial Finance Ltd (Reg No. 4333281) are part of Jelf Group plc (Reg No. 2975376) and are all registered in England and Wales at Hillside Court, Bowling Hill, Chipping Sodbury, BS37 6JX. *Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Not all products and services offered are regulated by the FCA.

www.jelfgroup.com<http://www.jelfgroup.com>

Not applicable
Author

If you want to hide the column, on the Presentation tab, select the expression you want to hide the column for and select ' Hide Column' - hope this helps/works

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Cant believe it was that easy!!

Sorry!

Not applicable
Author

nothing to be sorry about - glad it works and solves your isse

Please mark as correct answer and/or helpful

much appreciated