cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Filter on legends

Hi

Please find the attached application , i want to create filters on legends .. so basically if one clicks on Grenn legend - inside sla .. i should be filtering out all greens in the table .. is that possible ?

Thanks

7 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Radhika,

Create a calculated field in the front end like below,

If(isnull([Rum Overall TP50]),'Red',

if(([Rum Overall TP50])< $(vOverallTarget),'Green',

IF(([Rum Overall TP50]) > [Rum Overall Bridge TP50],'Red',

IF(([Rum Overall TP50]) < [Rum Overall Bridge TP50]and ([Rum Overall TP50]) > [Rum Network Target TP50],'Yellow'))))

Siva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Siva

this is the expression for back ground color right ? can you please eloborate why we are doing this and how it will help to enable legends ? .. i basically want to click on colored legends and the selected color legend should be filtered in the table .. so say for eg if i click on Inside SLA legend all the greens should be shown in the table.

Thanks!

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Radhika,

Find the attached Test.qvw..i used the below script on top of your table..

New:

Load *,

If(isnull([Rum Overall TP50]),'Red',

if(([Rum Overall TP50])< [Rum Overall Target TP50],'Green',

IF(([Rum Overall TP50]) > [Rum Overall Bridge TP50],'Red',

IF( (([Rum Overall TP50]) < [Rum Overall Bridge TP50] )and (([Rum Overall TP50]) > [Rum Overall Target TP50]),'Yellow')))) as Colorstatus

Resident [Rum OpEx Latency];

drop Table [Rum OpEx Latency];

And then i used colorstatus as action in our legend. This is for T50, you need to create for T90. Let me know if you still need help. Thanks.

Siva

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great !! Thank you very much!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Siva

So i have added 6 more color expressions .. i have created a variable to pass the color values to the Overall table .. but i also have another Detail view table which has 3 metrics showing colors .. i have created 6 expressions ( 3 for tp50 and 3 for tp90 ) .. but not sure how i can pass these to the same variable ( =$(vRumColor)) ..can you help ?

i am using =$(vRumColor) as a  list box to select the values ..

and one more complexity with this color expression i see it ..say for example when i select green for overall table even detail table is getting filtered on dates  (from overall) .. both the table should explicitly show the colored rows... is that possible?

Thanks!

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

use this in the listbox expression =if(vOverall=[Rum Overall TP50],$(vRumColor),$(vRumColor))

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi Radhika,

If you got the answer, mark it as correct answer and please close the thread. It may help others.

Siva