Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronaldwang
Creator III
Creator III

Filter value not flow through when navigating different tabs

I have an app that contains multiple tabs, generally speaking, when i select some field value or drill down through some dimension cycle, I am expecting the current selection on the current tab should be kept when navigating to another tab. but i noticed that this only applied to some filters but not all filters. i have made sure that i don't have event trigger or field trigger (on leaving a tab or opening a tab) to clear value or select value for those fields. any other possibility that the filter value will not be kept by leaving the tab? and after returning to the original tab, all those current selection remain the same.

2 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Check if the Alternate state is being used for filters on other sheet or not.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

HI,

I would make sure that as suggested there is no alternative states set up. Can check this in either the chart properties or Settings > Document properties > General - Alternate States.

After that I would suggest you place a current selection box on the tab and add you own fields lists and make sure the selections are being removed. It could be the tab was set up to ignore your selection in set analysis. i.e.

Sum({1}Sales) or Sum({<Date=>}Sales)

Mark