Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Filtering on an Expression column on a pivot table

Hello Qlik Community,

So I created a pivot table and have a few dimension and expression columns that are currently being displayed.

For one of my expression columns, I set a condition where certain values will come up as 1, others as 2. What I want to do is filter that expression coumn so that only the rows that have 1 in the specified column will show up. I do not want the records that return 2 in that column to appear.

Overall, how do I filter on an expression column so that only the rows that show 1 will appear?

Please let me know if any specifics are needed in terms of expamples. I can provide examples if requested.

Thanks in advance,

Tej

11 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Can you provide a sample example or an app with an expected output please ??

Not applicable
Author

Hello Vish,

Sure. Here is an example below:

This is a screenshot of the column. The expression for the column is: =IF(Aggr(DISTINCT Count(NUM),NAME,ID,DT)>1,1,0) + IF(Aggr(DISTINCT Count(DT),NAME,ID,NUM)>1,1,0).

So in this column, I would like to apply a filter or maybe an expression to the pivot table so that ONLY '1's will show up on the column, and the '2's will not be shown.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Tej

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

IS it possible to share a sample app please ??

Not applicable
Author

Vish,

Unfortunately this is all I can share at the moment. Any suggestions or even vague comments as to what functionality I may need to use to accomplish this task would be good enough as well. I just request some direction as to what function or expression to use and I would be able to figure it out from there.

Hope this helps.

Best,

Tej

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

why don't you add this condition in set analysis of your measures?

Or Create a flag in your load script to simplify this calculated dimension

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Add another iF!

if(IF(Aggr(DISTINCTCount(NUM),NAME,ID,DT)>1,1,0) + IF(Aggr(DISTINCT Count(DT),NAME,ID,NUM)>1,1,0)=1,1,null())

and check suppress when value is null

Vineeth Pujari
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Try this

=if (IF(Aggr(DISTINCT Count(NUM),NAME,ID,DT)>1,1,0) +IF(Aggr(DISTINCT Count(DT),NAME,ID,NUM)>1,1,0))=1,1)

Or try

=IF(Aggr(DISTINCT Count(NUM),NAME,ID,DT)>1 XOR Aggr(DISTINCT Count(DT),NAME,ID,NUM)>1,1).

Not applicable
Author

Hello Vineeth,

Thanks for your reply! I used the expression you provided and it worked out in only showing the 1s in that column, but do you think I will be able to take it a step further?

Instead of just keeping the 1s in that one column, I was hoping it would keep the whole row where the 1 appears. I think I can better explain this through example:

ID     Date       Num        REST

1         8/5        678             1

2         8/6        917             2

3         8/7        325             2

4         8/8        983             2

5         8/9         53              2

So I have the data set above. What I initally asked was to only show the records where REST =1, which you solved, but I want the whole row with the '1' to show up, so that the data will be brought down to the example below:

ID     Date       Num        REST

1         8/5        678             1

Not only do I need to column REST to show only the '1's, but I need the whole row that contains the 1 to show up. I hope this further explains what I wish to accomplish. Again, this would be of tremendous help to me.

Thank you,

Tej

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

OK. Why are you creating a pivot table?? what is/are  your Expressions?

you could simply add the other fields to the pivot

if you only want to show a data table , use a Straight table as below

Dimensions: ID , Date,Num,Rest

Expression: count({<REST={1}>} REST)

and on the Presentation tab >> Select your expression column and hide it.

filterrows.JPG

Vineeth Pujari