Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Financial Yr rather than Calendar yr

Hi, i currently have a mastercalendar that shows calendar yr from my invoice dates, how do i get it to display as our accounting year rather than calendar yr? Do i amend the Mastercalendar tab attached, or go through the listbox properties of the monthly calendar?

20 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes, we have data from Sept13-today

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Its working perfectly fine.could you please share a application with a dummy data?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I think what has happened is that it has just changed/called Jan Sept, Feb-Oct etc as Jan here shows only 20 days therefore is May

Capture.JPG.jpg

Help!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

oh.sorry.I just noticed that.I will work on this and get back to you.Meanwhile kindly check the experts advice(above)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

ok, ive gone back to do it your way Hic, from the link.  a few questions though:

1.where does this sit with what i already have?  ie do i need to add the variable above the mastercalendar? Do i even need all the current calendar text? (this is what i had originally) Capture.JPG.jpg

2."Create a variable that contains the month number of the first month...."

could you start me off with what this needs to say, ie is it -  LET ???

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

Your master calendar could contain fields for both financial year and normal year. I would put the following lines in front of your existing master calendar definition. You need to have the fields Date, Month and Year defined already (as standard month, etc.).

Set vFM = 4 ;                                                          // First month of fiscal year

Calendar:
Load Dual(fYear-1 &'/'& fYear, fYear) as FYear,          // Dual fiscal year
         Dual(Month, fMonth)                as FMonth,           // Dual fiscal month
          *;
Load Year + If(Month>=$(vFM), 1, 0) as fYear,           // Numeric fiscal year
         Mod(Month-$(vFM), 12)+1        as fMonth,          // Numeric fiscal month
          *;

The variable that contains the month number of the first month is the "Set" statement.

HIC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks Hic, sorry if this is basic stuff, so:

SET Month = ('Sep' = 1), ('Oct' = 2), etc;

would that be the start of the variable?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

should it not be an 'IF' statement?

If(fMonth = 1, 'Sep') etc?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

If you want September to be the first month, you should use

Set vFM = 9 ;

Then the formulas in the Load statements will use this value and automatically convert all months to get the right numbers.

HIC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

thanks Hic, yes it has so all i need to do now is say If(fMonth = 1, 'Sep') etc