Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Find Dupes

Hi All,

Is there any formula I can use within a listbox which would you direct me towards what lines/items have dupes and how many of dupes which actually exist? Checking of the 'Show Frequency' applies to the one which have no dupes also so no help.

Thanks in Advance.

5 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Checking of the 'Show Frequency' applies to the one which have no dupes also so no help.

Sorry, I don't understand this. Could you elaborate?

I would have assumed that 'Show frequency' or a list box expression with =Count(FIELD) should get you started.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Swuehl,

I want to find all the lines which are being counted more than once. As you are fully aware Qlikview doesn't repeat duplicates, it just counts it the times it has been repeated. I want to see all the lines which have dupes e.g. line number 2018 has 4 under frequency which implies it has three more dupes besides the one itself. I just want the listing of the lines which have dupes. Please shade some light!!!!!

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maybe a Straight Table with your Field as Dimension and a count of the of the Dimensions as the Expression, and order it by the expression in descending order.

I often use this when diagnosing qvw misbehavior.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Create a table box with a unique (primary) key of the table this field is located in (e.g. a RecordID), add all fields that you are interested to see. Then select value 2018 in your list box.

You will need to add a primary key to see all records, since QV will only show unique combinations of values.

If you don't have a primary key, create one in the load script.

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

• Count(Distinct Field)  Gives with out duplicates

• Count(Field)-Count(Distinct Field) For duplicate count

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”