Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Find / Replace multiple field names

I'm renaming various fields in the script and I am using find / replace to change the objects.

Does anyone know of a solution that is more practical to rename fields in these objects? Macro or some other procedure?

Are many fields and would not want to do manually!

Thank you

Stive

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this blog post: How to Rename Fields

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this blog post: How to Rename Fields

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hello Gysbert Wassenaar,

Thank you for directing me to this article. Actually realized when the change is made in the script, will be automatic for the objects. I had just renamed the table field and let other fields to rename later, and just for those who were then not "accept" the change ....!

At the end I decided (due to my working model), use "as NewName Field,"! In my case it is more practical!

Also realized that when I create an action on an object: "select the field" and put the name of the field, it will not change when you do not in the script and find / replace, why put just as any name ... Table1 .field.

To work around this, put the names of fields like this: = 'Tabela1.Field'. This way does not change the script, but the find / replace can change.

Stive