Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Finding the Max Value in Text Object

Hi,

I have a specific query where I need to find the information from my field updatetxt depending on the value of another field udindex.  I created a text object and on my expression wrote the following:

if(max(udindex),updatetxt)

However the text field is blank.  I suspect this is because my udindex can be anywhere from 1 to 113 and therefore when I click on the specific record that has a primary key of callref, it cannot see which text field I need.

Is there a way that I can add in my expression to get the data from updatetxt depending on the MAX value?

Regards,

Jon Ditchfield

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You can use firstsortedvalue() as long as udindex is a number and there is only one Updatetxt field for the max(udindex) value.

= Firstsortedvalue(Distinct Updatetxt, - udindex)

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

try:

=concat({<udindex = {$(max(udindex))}>}updatetxt)

Not applicable
Author

what kind of values are these fields holding?  strings? numeric answers?

Not applicable
Author

You can use firstsortedvalue() as long as udindex is a number and there is only one Updatetxt field for the max(udindex) value.

= Firstsortedvalue(Distinct Updatetxt, - udindex)

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Robert,

The callref is the specific value we want to report and on the callref column there is a unique value called udindex.  The first udindex is value is always 0 and is populated when a call is logged with the issue on it.  The last value can be anything from 1-150.  updatetxt is the column specific to the udindex, so it looks like the following:

Callref       udindex      updatetxt

221221      0               call logged for installation of office

221221      1               call closed - Office 2010 Installed

Data Types:

callref = numeric

udindex = numeric

updatetxt  = int

Regards,

Jon Ditchfield