Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Fix selection boxes to only adjust graphs on current sheet.

Hi

I am new to qlikview development and i have a issue.

I have 3 list boxes that i use to select dates/people ect and this filters the results on the chart below. The problem i have is it filters the graphs on all pages. Can i make it only filter the data on that sheet?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Oh, You have a requirement then in version 11 you can use alternate states.

in older version,as jason said there are triggers which can handle selections while moving between sheets.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

All objects on all sheets are using the same data model, so if you change a value in one sheet it will update all objects on all sheets.  There are ways of countering this using triggers to reverse/reset selections etc but do you really want to do that?

Not applicable
Author

Its just one sheet that i need to display specific information, so i would like the filters on that page to be page specific if possible.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

If you are using Qlikview 11 then you can do this using alternate states.

But, I don't think you will encounter this requirement, I believe since you are learning Qlikview, so this seems out of curiosity that is it possible to do this in Qlikview? 

Ashutosh

Not applicable
Author

Oh, You have a requirement then in version 11 you can use alternate states.

in older version,as jason said there are triggers which can handle selections while moving between sheets.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your help . Created a state then allocated it to the two objects i wanted to stay the same. Many Thanks