Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Formatting graphs

Hi again,

I have two questions regarding how to structure and format numbers in a graph. I am using a Line Chart for this.

1. The graph i have is filled with 0 values. That makes it look very "skippy" with the graph jumping up an down. Is there a way to smooth this graph out? I know there is a function under the Expression Tab to use the trend lines, but I dont think this gives a good enough representation.

2. I would like to input a line marking the 1200 point. This would be a vertical, static line at 1200 running through the graph. Any ideas?

Cheers,

24 Replies
Not applicable
Author

haha, got it! i will watch the video now

Not applicable
Author

my "continues x" location box is greyed out? i am using a bar chart - may that cause issues?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Nils,

Try ticking the box for continuous and see if that works, it does for me, however it skews the chart

2013-11-29_1302.png

peschu123
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

In the first example it was available like I suggested in my first post

Not applicable
Author

i checked that, it skewed the chart yes, but i still didnt get it to work. are you using the same YEARSTART(TODAY()) formula as you use in your above example?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

No,

for the expression i said =1200

Not applicable
Author

that works, thank you. now why does the graph skew up like that? i dont want it stacked - rather grouped as it was...

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Nils,

I am looking at this too, it's obviously something to do with TODAY()-received_date

I try look at it

Not applicable
Author

thank you. i need that type of formula however since i need the chart to be dynamically updated (since dates are going to change). the solution i though of was today()-received_date but i dont know if this is optimal?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Nils,

the reason for the negative number is that the received_date goes beyond today. Why would you have a received date greater than today?

2013-11-29_1420.png