Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Frontend User inputs

Hi all,

So I'm pretty new to QlikView and I'm trying to figure out the best course of action with a project.  I'm attempting to build a profitability model.  So, does Qlikview have the capibility to have input boxes that are referenced in calculated fields in the back end?  I need to have it set up so that users are able to input a few fields and then those need to be used to calculate multiple fields in the background.  Any insight into various solutions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

3 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Connor - Welcome to Qlik World. You have two options:

1. One using Variable with Slider or InputBox. If you have more than one value to capture then you can build an Array with one variable. Then you can use various functions to get the appropriate values from the Variable.
  2. You can use InputFields but these have some potential issues. Search for InputFields in the Reference Guide for full details.

My preferred option is using the first approach.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

DV

www.QlikShare.com

syukyo_zhu
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

First you can find some examples in your qlikview install folder

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\Documents

Then you can figure out somes objects in document Executive Dashboard tab "what if" for your problem

Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

As Deepak suggest is probably your best approach.

But really depends what you are wanting to do?

If these are something the don't change that often then some thing a like excel document can be used to store these values and then bring them in via the script.

Mark