Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Gant Charts - Expression Axis help - diagonal labels, shorter periods of time between labels

Hi all,

I have created a gant chart showing the length and istribution of sickness periods, accross the year.... seems to work fine. This is a bar chart, flipped on its side and the expression axis is the horizontal axis... Qlikview seems fairly insistent in spreading out the axis labels on the horizontal axis, i would like to see more dates, and to flip the labels vertically or diagonally as you can with the dimension axis ... is this possible?

Heres a piccy of what i have, i'm guessing that its because ive not managed to stagger or change the angle of the labels, as if i change the format of the expressin to DD rather than DD-MMM i get more labels but its fairly meaningless - the labels just say 01... 15.... 01... 15 etc.. Has anyone come ccross this before?

Appreciate your help, and .... happy (almost) christmas

Matt 🙂

error loading image

2 Replies
pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Matt,

I don't know if it is possible to change the orientation or stagger the expression axis label, so here is another way to do a gantt chart in QV that is done in a table where you see each date. The only trick is to use iterno() in the script to generate a row for every day a task lasts. It might be worth looking into if the labels are really important.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Karl, i shall have a play around with that... much appreciated

Matt