Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Gauge Chart help required.!!!!!!

I have never worked on gauge chart . I am trying to create a chart which takes input as two fields and depending on condition it need will show the speedometer. i ahve divided the guage in three region based on colour .. red, green , blue

eg .. a1>80 and a2>80 it should point ot the green area of guage

a1<80 and a2<80 it should oint in region of red

a1<80 and a2>80 then in blue

and vice versa

Please anybody can help !!!!!!

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I was able to come up with a solution using an if...then in the expression.

=If(A1>80 and A2>80, 1, If(A1<80 and A2<80, -1, 0))

Then you need to set the guage to Min -2, Max 2. And set up three regions for your colors (I just had to add one and change the default colors). You could make some adjustments depending on what exactly you're looking for.

eiconsulting
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I used the following expression that makes the value to show in the gauge 0 for both below, 1 for opposed results, 2 for both up. The lower limit for the areas will be 0,1,2 to make it stay in the middle I added 0,5

= if(a1>80,1,0)+if(a2>80,1,0)+0.5

Federico Sason | Emanuele Briscolini
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Miller .. I am attaching the guage that i have prepared.

I have taken Min as 0 and max as 100

now two inputs are being pulled right now i have shown them as values on chart .

I need ot set the pointer accoring to the condition

if both input values are less then 70 i want it to point the value in green region.

if both values lies in the 70 to 90 rgion i need it to be red

and for other two case in amber

is it possible

these value will be taken as %

Thankyou

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Flavio.. I am attaching the guage that i have prepared.

I have taken Min as 0 and max as 100

now two inputs are being pulled right now i have shown them as values on chart .

I need ot set the pointer accoring to the condition

if both input values are less then 70 i want it to point the value in green region.

if both values lies in the 70 to 90 rgion i need it to be red

and for other two case in amber

is it possible

these value will be taken as %

Thankyou

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Well, for one thing, I'd use a traffic light intead of a gauge. Your gauge isn't showing any specific value. It's just showing three possibilities. Or you could combine two gauges with a trafic light. Or two values with a traffic light. Or two values with a background color or text color. Or...

That said, if you really want the gauge like that, and can settle for the needle pointing to the middle of each range, you could do this:

if(X1<70 and X2<70,35,if(X1>=70 and X1<=90 and X2>=70 and X2<=90,80,95))

Not applicable
Author

Thanks alot John ..

My guage chat did work .. but i am facing an issue .. the value selected in the If condition such as 35 or 95 something is being displayed on the top of the guage chart .. Is tehre any way to get rid of it ..

Thanks in advance

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Hmmm, it didn't show the number when I put that expression in your chart in either 8.5 or 9.0. There's a pop up for the number, which you could remove by unchecking pop up labels on the presentation tab. And the option might be there somewhere, but I'm not even seeing how I could get the value on the gauge if I wanted it there. Sorry!