Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Gauge chart

TimeScenarioRevenue DollarsVolume
Nov 2011Actuals$235,36912354
Nov 2011Budget$215,02713354
Dec 2011Actuals$7,567,54617754
Dec 2011Budget$7,543,45633354
Jan 2012Actuals$4,234,45515454
Jan 2012Budget$4,543,45678354
Hi,
Please help me build a gauge chart with the above table as an example. I want to build a gauge chart for each month for each metric( Revenue dollars, Volume) which will show the difference in the budget and actual vaues of each metric. If its positive it will point to green color , if negative it will point to red color.
I am using this expression but this does not help me calculate the correct differnce

sum({<Scenario={Budget}>}[Revenue Dollars]) - sum({<Scenario={Actuals}>}[Revenue Dollars])

With this expression it gives me some garbage value.

Please help me.

Thanks,

Shikha

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need quotes around the field values:

sum({<Scenario={'Budget'}>}[Revenue Dollars]) - sum({<Scenario={'Actuals'}>}[Revenue Dollars])

HIC

View solution in original post

2 Replies
hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need quotes around the field values:

sum({<Scenario={'Budget'}>}[Revenue Dollars]) - sum({<Scenario={'Actuals'}>}[Revenue Dollars])

HIC

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for the reply. It did work, but what if I want to show 3 segments in the gauge char(green, yellow, red) with a min and max value for each segment. I don't see an option to perform this in the properties.

For example in the table above I want to perform the below presentation in the gauge chart.

sum({<Scenario={'Budget'}>}[Revenue Dollars]) - sum({<Scenario={'Actuals'}>}[Revenue Dollars])is positive then pointgreen

sum({<Scenario={'Budget'}>}[Revenue Dollars]) - sum({<Scenario={'Actuals'}>}[Revenue Dollars]) is .05*sum({<Scenario={'Actuals'}>}[Revenue Dollars]) then point yellow

sum({<Scenario={'Budget'}>}[Revenue Dollars]) - sum({<Scenario={'Actuals'}>}[Revenue Dollars]) id negative then point red

Thanks,

Shikha