Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

GeoSpatial Solutions for Qlikview

Hi, We are looking for a best solution for geospatials in qlikview. I know there is something called GeoQlik. Are there any other good options? Please let me know.

Thanks,

Ram    

7 Replies
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, you could use a Google api , it is very easy to integrate(one differences with geoqlik is that is free)

I attached a doc  to explain and a qvw example

good luck

Fernando

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fernando, I followed the exact steps but don't get to see the map. I already have the latitude and longitude in my qlikview data model. How do I use it. If you can provide that step that'll be useful. The field names are called WorkLat and WorkLong. What is the statement that associates these fields with google maps?

nomap.PNG.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi.. Ramkumar

Can you please attach your file.

Not applicable
Author

No Senthil. I cannot copy, the file is in a production box. I'll explain you what is happening. I have the PostCode(Postal Code) that is already part of the model. I have an excel file containing the latitutde and longitudes of these postal codes. I brought them in and joined with the data model as follows:

WorkPostCodeData:

load PCode as [PostCode], Lat * pi() / 180 as WorkLat, Long * pi() /180 as WorkLong

from

pc_full_lat_long.csv

(txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is ',', msq);

Once I did this I was able to do the distance analysis perfectly using the Haversine method. All I now want is the GeoSpatials, plot the numbers on the map.

Not applicable
Author

Is this just a problem with my background dynamic image?

Not applicable
Author

Hi.. Can you try the below code for Dynamic Image

='http://maps.google.com/maps/api/staticmap?center='

&

num(var_mid_lat, '##############', '.', ',' )

&

','

&

num(var_mid_long, '##############', '.', ',' )

&

'&zoom=$(var_zoom)'

&

'&maptype='&var_maptype

&

'&size='&map_size_x&'x'&map_size_y

&

'&sensor=false'

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Ramkumar

Could you please chekc that you have set all the correct properties in this tab attach?

have you internet conecction when you open the document?