Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Get Date and Time based on User Login Zone

Hi Team,

Is it possible to get date and time dynamically based on user login time  zone.

For example: CST or EST then the corresponding values need to be displayed.

Thanks,

Sai

6 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

LocalTime([timezone [, ignoreDST ]])

Returns a timestamp of the current time from the system clock for a specified time zone. The timezone is specified as a string containing any of the geographical places listed under Time Zone in the Windows Control Panel for Date and Time or as a string in the form 'GMT+hh:mm' or 'UTC+hh:mm'. If no timezone is specified the local time will be returned. If ignoreDST is -1 (true) daylight savings time will be ignored.

Examples:

localtime ('Paris')

localtime ('GMT+01:00')

localtime ('Paris',-1)

localtime()

Not applicable
Author

Hi Clever,

Thanks so much for the response. Will the localtime return the timestamp from QlikView Server or the user logged in system time?

Is there a way to detect dynamically the timezone when user logs in. For example:

A user logs in from Chicago, another user logs in from Newyork. How do we detect this dynamically based on user logins?

Thanks,

sai

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

may be, u can go with governance dashboard,tht helps here.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Shiva,

Can you please share the document, I am missing in my samples and the steps to find them

Thanks so much for your help

Thanks,

sai

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I had a similar problem, except I was trying to get date format:

User-specific date format

n your case it will be local time zone.  I assume you can use a similar approach.

buzzy996
Master II
Master II

u can login to qlikview partner portal(not community) and download the same.