Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get the field name of expression in Dimension

Hi every one , Good Morning !

Today I need help in finding the field name of the expression. I created a

1) Bar Chart with

2) Dimension :  a) Region

b) =if(Month1=2,'Feb',If(Month1=3,'Mar',if(Month1=4,'Apr',if(Month1=5,'May','Jun'))))     [ Label = Month ]

both the dimension is grouped together and named as Group1.

3) Expression : Sum(Sales)

To get the result : I used =if(GetCurrentField([Group1])='Region','A',if(GetCurrentField([Group1])='Month1','B','C'))

but i did the result B .

30 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

It does not make any effects, both works in same way.

I tried in both the way with single and double but give same result in both case.Issue.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not.jpg

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I think you need Concat with Chr(39) because if you select 2 months at a time how this condition proves true?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Anil

Sorry, I could not catch you, Can you please share the expression?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I just gone to sunny reply, Can you try this?

If(GetCurrentField([Group1]) = '=if(Month=2,''Feb'',If(Month=3,''Mar'',if(Month=4,''Apr'',''May'')))', 'A', 'C')

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Anil,

I tried even this...

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Will you provide latest sample? and result you want to see in object?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please have a look on the snapshot, I shared above.

I have given both the way I tried.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Do you change single quotes from double quote in your expression? Looks like sunny's suggesting make sense. I am not sure where you made wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi have shared the data even,

Please have a try on this, might be due to some chilly mistake, I am not getting the output.