Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
On May 18th at 10AM EDT we will answer your QlikView questions live. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bijay_jha
Creator
Creator

Get the field name of expression in Dimension

Hi every one , Good Morning !

Today I need help in finding the field name of the expression. I created a

1) Bar Chart with

2) Dimension :  a) Region

b) =if(Month1=2,'Feb',If(Month1=3,'Mar',if(Month1=4,'Apr',if(Month1=5,'May','Jun'))))     [ Label = Month ]

both the dimension is grouped together and named as Group1.

3) Expression : Sum(Sales)

To get the result : I used =if(GetCurrentField([Group1])='Region','A',if(GetCurrentField([Group1])='Month1','B','C'))

but i did the result B .

30 Replies
bijay_jha
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

It does not make any effects, both works in same way.

I tried in both the way with single and double but give same result in both case.Issue.png

bijay_jha
Creator
Creator
Author

Not.jpg

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I think you need Concat with Chr(39) because if you select 2 months at a time how this condition proves true?

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
bijay_jha
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, Anil

Sorry, I could not catch you, Can you please share the expression?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I just gone to sunny reply, Can you try this?

If(GetCurrentField([Group1]) = '=if(Month=2,''Feb'',If(Month=3,''Mar'',if(Month=4,''Apr'',''May'')))', 'A', 'C')

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
bijay_jha
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes Anil,

I tried even this...

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Will you provide latest sample? and result you want to see in object?

bijay_jha
Creator
Creator
Author

Please have a look on the snapshot, I shared above.

I have given both the way I tried.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Do you change single quotes from double quote in your expression? Looks like sunny's suggesting make sense. I am not sure where you made wrong.

bijay_jha
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi have shared the data even,

Please have a try on this, might be due to some chilly mistake, I am not getting the output.