Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get the field name of expression in Dimension

Hi every one , Good Morning !

Today I need help in finding the field name of the expression. I created a

1) Bar Chart with

2) Dimension :  a) Region

b) =if(Month1=2,'Feb',If(Month1=3,'Mar',if(Month1=4,'Apr',if(Month1=5,'May','Jun'))))     [ Label = Month ]

both the dimension is grouped together and named as Group1.

3) Expression : Sum(Sales)

To get the result : I used =if(GetCurrentField([Group1])='Region','A',if(GetCurrentField([Group1])='Month1','B','C'))

but i did the result B .

30 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny,

It does not make any effects, both works in same way.

I tried in both the way with single and double but give same result in both case.Issue.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not.jpg

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I think you need Concat with Chr(39) because if you select 2 months at a time how this condition proves true?

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Anil

Sorry, I could not catch you, Can you please share the expression?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I just gone to sunny reply, Can you try this?

If(GetCurrentField([Group1]) = '=if(Month=2,''Feb'',If(Month=3,''Mar'',if(Month=4,''Apr'',''May'')))', 'A', 'C')

Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes Anil,

I tried even this...

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Will you provide latest sample? and result you want to see in object?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please have a look on the snapshot, I shared above.

I have given both the way I tried.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Do you change single quotes from double quote in your expression? Looks like sunny's suggesting make sense. I am not sure where you made wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi have shared the data even,

Please have a try on this, might be due to some chilly mistake, I am not getting the output.