Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
msuk121336387
Contributor
Contributor

Getting Pagination to work with ElasticSearch

Hi All,

I am new to ElasticSearch

I have connected to ElasticSeach and have been able to retrieve the first 10,000 records. I then started looking at the pagination settings to get it to bring back multiple sets of 10,000 records, but when I attempt this I get the total number of records back in the form of the first 10,000 over and over.

I am unsure as to which setting I should be  using. I tried Offset, but was unable to find the offset and limit headers within the structure. I then looked the Next URL and Token options. Again nothing.

I am contemplating writing a custom script using a for loop, but I have seen some posts of people failing to get this working.

The question is, should I be using Offset, Next URL, Next Token options or is my only option to attempt a custom script?

This is the structure of what I get returned

ES_Structure.png

root

ES_root.png

Shard

ES_shard.png

hits_u0

ES_hits_u0.png

hits

ES_hits.png

and then source being all the data fields.

Any help or examples would be grateful. 

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi !

Did you resolve your issue?

I am trying to use custom pagination to retrieve data from elasticsearch but I am facing an issue. ..

if you have some useful information about it i'am really interested.

thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Trying to solve this problem of Custom Pagination with Elastic search. There isn't enough documentation from Qlik's side on this.

I am using Qlik Sense Feb 2018 release.

I tried using the scroll API but also didn't work. Got these weird

Select statement parser error at (,): Multi-line literals are not supported errors.

Currently I am pulling a day's record and concatenating in in a QVD. Is there a better way to do this? Can someone from Qlik please have a documentation around pulling data and Paginating from Elastic Search please.

Thant would be super helpful. Thank you!