Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Getting a Percent of Total in Bar Graph

I need to do the following in a bar graph:

We have 2 locations and I need to be able to have products on the X-Axis. Each Product will have two bars (one for each location). However the bar for that location will represent only the % of total for that specific location.

As an Example:

Location A total sales = 1,000

Location B total sales = 500

Product A sales for location A = 200

Product A sales for location B = 50

So from the example above:

The bar for location A / Product A would = 200/1000 or 20% for that particular bar

The bar for location B / Product A would = 50/500 or 10% for that particular bar

How would the set analysis work to get sales for a product/ocation dividied by total sales for a location/ all products.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try this.

Create a bar chart with dimension as product. and expression as below

Sum(Sales)/ sum (total <Location> Sales)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

Right click on the chart > Properties > Number > Select 'Integer' and then select the 'Show in Percent (%)' checkbox. This should solve the issue.

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

thanks for the feedback. That doesn't solve it because it is showing the percent across all point on the graph. I need it to show the % of total based on EACH locations total.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try this.

Create a bar chart with dimension as product. and expression as below

Sum(Sales)/ sum (total <Location> Sales)

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable

Oh, My bad, I did not get the question right. You can use the 'Relative' checkbox under Expressions tab under Chart properties and see if this works. There is also a 'TOTAL' qualifier that can be used. Let me know if this could solve your problem.