Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrightFuture
Contributor III
Contributor III

Getting the quarters right using expressions in charts

Hey there, 

I have accumulated data over the quarters and the year and need to get the quarters separated and summed correctly. The dimensions used is the chart are FY and Quarter. I am receiving different numbers although the logic seems to be right to me. However I noticed that the expression I write is for some reason not executed. So maybe someone has been in my situation before and has some answer. In another chart I tried to combine the key word 'Total' with my expression but I have worse results. (it is also in the project if you would like to have an idea about it).

Attached are some helping screenshots and source files to help you understand my problem and how the results should look like, you might need to change the directory according to yours 🙂

3 Replies
sunny_talwar

There are multiple bar charts in your attached qvw, which one of them are we looking at?

BrightFuture
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello @sunny_talwar,

Could you please have a look at it when you have time, unfortunately last week I was not able to touch or edit my own post for some reason!! today it works 🙂

The post is ready and has only 2 charts now,  in the 1st chart I have an expression that its logic seems correct to me but I see that none of it is applied), the other chart I used Total within the expression and it still does not work (Total freezes one dimension and dismisses the other years). Also for some reason the quarters aren't ordered right.

BrightFuture
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Please let me know if it is not solvable in your experience. I just think that there might be something missing in the expression that is why I am not getting the right answers.