Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
juan_patrick
Creator
Creator

Google Fonts in Qlikview

Hello Everyone!

I have a qvw and i want to add a google font to use on it, but the font isn't available to pick!

I have read the post 8 steps to customize your QlikView apps with Google Fonts but isn't working

I upload the qvw and the qar file, Im working on my machine with qlikview desktop (11).

Thank you!

12 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Did you read this part too?

CONS: Web only

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you installed the chosen font on your computer?

juan_patrick
Creator
Creator
Author

You dont need to install the fonts; the idea is use the google fonts!

juan_patrick
Creator
Creator
Author

Ah! So I cant do it from desktop...

How i must do to use it? Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The original question is "but the font isn't available to pick". That would be in the QlikView Desktop Client from what I understand - and to be able to do so, the desired font needs to be installed on the computer.

The "how-to" also states:

Once you have chosen your font, grab a copy of the font file and install it on the computer where you are developing your app and in the machine(s) that host the QlikView Server(s). This is especially important: you must install the font on the QV server host machine if you want your charts to be rendered using the selected font.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, you can. If you look at my previous replies, I say that you will have to install the fonts on the machine that you are developing on. You will also have to install them om the server, if you want the font to be used when rendering the images used for charts.

From the users perspective, the fonts are "downloaded" in the background, but the charts are pre-rendered on the server.

So:

Developing: Install fonts on developing machine

Consuming: Fonts for text are downloaded from Google, fonts for charts has to be installed on server machine, to be able to use them when rendering chart bitmaps.

mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,  what can I do if I need to use a font that is not present on google fonts i.e Frutiger

Unfortunately, this is our brand font so I really need to be able to use it

Thanks

Mike

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Install it on the QVWS platform just like you would install local copies of the Google fonts.

mikkeltaylor
Creator II
Creator II

Thanks Peter,  I should have actually posted this on the "8 steps...." discussion,  but thanks for coming back to me anyway.

I'm confused then about the need for the document extension part then.  I have the font pack and can install it everywhere.  Is this all I need to do, so that a user on any device will see the Frutiger fonts?

Thanks

Mike