Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Map - Zoom without Losing Dimensions

Hello-

I'm using a map to plot US States. In my dimension, I'm excluding HI, AK, PR.  When I leave var_zoom variable at the default (2) I can see all my data points, plus more map than I need.

varzoom2.JPG

So then I zoom to level 3 and some of my data points dissappear:

varzoom3.JPG

The only way I can get my map to show the way I want it to show is first highlight the US and then select zoom level to 3.  How can I get the image below without having to do the steps outlined in the previous sentence? Perhaps this is due to my not including states in the dimension that were initially in the load script???  Thanks!

wanted.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

If you display latitud/longitud in two list boxes and then higlight only in the US, does any values turn gray?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Are you setting max and min for your Axis scale?

Not applicable
Author

Hello-

Here is what I set for the min/max for the axis:

X Axis

Min:

(256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1)))+( var_mid_long  *((256*pow(2,$(var_zoom)))/360)) -round(map_size_x/2)

Max:

( (256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1)))+( var_mid_long  *((256*pow(2,$(var_zoom)))/360)) + round(map_size_x/2)-15)

Y Axis

Min:

=((256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1)))+((0.5*log((1+(sin(var_mid_lat*pi()/180)))/(1-(sin(var_mid_lat*pi()/180)))))*((-256*pow(2,$(var_zoom)))/(2*pi())))+round(map_size_y/2))

Max:

=((256*pow(2,($(var_zoom)-1)))+((0.5*log((1+(sin(var_mid_lat*pi()/180)))/(1-(sin(var_mid_lat*pi()/180)))))*((-256*pow(2,$(var_zoom)))/(2*pi())))-round(map_size_y/2)+15)

Not applicable
Author

In my charts I dont have the +- 15 in the maxs, is the only difference i see.

Not applicable
Author

This centered my bubble a little more on the state, but that's all.  Thank you for responding!

Not applicable
Author

If you display latitud/longitud in two list boxes and then higlight only in the US, does any values turn gray?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you!!  I had HI and AK in my original load script, but then decided not to use them in my dimension.  Once I removed the lat and long for these two from the load script my map is perfect.