Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Google Maps Web Extension in Access Point

Hello All

Quick Question.  I know to run google maps web extension in our desktop client, we install the qar file here

C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\Extensions.

I would like to view the google map web extension in access point.  So, we do I place the QAR file in Qlikview server.

Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You have to unzip the extenion (a .qar is a .zip file) and put its files into a specific server directory depending on the windows version.

Below are the directories used to store server extensions in windows 2003 and 2008.

2008:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

2003:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

Your extension files must be in a subdirectory with the same name as your extension. For example if you have an extension called "MyExtension" and your server runs under windows 2008 then you should put your extension files in:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects\MyExtension

Note that this directory is not created when installing qlikview server so you will have to create it manually the first time you add an extension to the server. There is also a setting in the management console which allows to use a different folder (don't remember where it is though).

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You have to unzip the extenion (a .qar is a .zip file) and put its files into a specific server directory depending on the windows version.

Below are the directories used to store server extensions in windows 2003 and 2008.

2008:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

2003:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects

Your extension files must be in a subdirectory with the same name as your extension. For example if you have an extension called "MyExtension" and your server runs under windows 2008 then you should put your extension files in:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer\Extensions\Objects\MyExtension

Note that this directory is not created when installing qlikview server so you will have to create it manually the first time you add an extension to the server. There is also a setting in the management console which allows to use a different folder (don't remember where it is though).

Not applicable
Author

Thanks George.  It worked!

hectorgarcia
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Saaty where can I get the extension??