Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II

Governed Metrics Service-Qliksense

Hi,

Can Any one please explain me about "Governed Metric Service" and what is the main purpose to use it in Qlik sense.

Is their any video to explain the installation and usage of GMS.

Thanks in Advance.

7 Replies
Not applicable

Governed Metrics Service allows metrics that are defined externally to Qlik Sense to be loaded and applied to one or more applications. The metrics that are loaded to each application are configurable and managed through the Qlik Management Console via custom properties.

• Metrics defined in an external database or XLS.
  • Metrics extracted into a Metrics QVD.
  • GMS Power Tool reads the Metrics QVD and applies metrics to one or more applications.
bhavvibudagam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Pravesh Thanks for your Reply.

I have one doubt In the GMS Excel Source file the "Measures and Dimensions" which we have created will be automatically added to the Master items in the application or not.Where those all defined and "Measures and Dimensions" in Excel data source will be applied in the application.

Thanks,

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Pavesh,

Can we able to write a label expression which is released feature in Nov'2017 version?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I believe, The option already resolved from Sep 2017 version. that means, It should be under November 2017 as well. Qlik Sense September 2017 is now available

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Oh..!! it's a mistake.

Feature released in Sept' 2017. I would write the label expression inside Qlik expression which is a product feature itself. But I wanted to know using Governed Metric service can I able to write label expression?

naveen_y19
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi Mohan,

did you find the solution?

i am trying to add my labels in database table same as expressions and use them in the report

mohan_1105
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Naveen,

I haven't tried later finding this issue. Also, you cannot add a new column of our own since config is pre-defined in service. Maybe, we should wait for the update.