Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Graph changing when I make a selection on a value already incorporated in the expression

Hi guys/girls

I have a bar chart that uses the following expression to show a percentage of the chargeable utilised time in our company, by region (incorpoprating resources joining/leaving the company and working days)

=(SUM(AGGR(NETWORKDAYS(MIN(START_DATE),MAX(END_DATE)) ,RESOURCE_CODE)) -
SUM(AGGR(IF(ISNULL(DATE_OF_TERMINATION), 0, IF(DATE_OF_TERMINATION > MAX(END_DATE), 0, NETWORKDAYS(DATE_OF_TERMINATION, MAX(END_DATE)))), RESOURCE_CODE)) -
SUM(AGGR(IF(DATE_OF_HIRE < MIN(START_DATE), 0, NETWORKDAYS(MIN(START_DATE), DATE_OF_HIRE-1) ), RESOURCE_CODE))) Sum(IF(CHARGEABLEFLAG = 'Chargeable' AND UTILISED='Utilised',DAYS)) /

now, this seems to work fine, however I have a list box which lists the CHARGEABLEFLAG values (Chargeable, Non-Chargeable)

When I select 'Chargeable', which is also used in the expression in the chart, the figure changes.

I'm not sure why, as I am filtering on a value which is filtered already in the graph expression.

Can anybody suggest why it would be doing that?

Regards,

Matt

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I have worked this out, sorry guys.

the data includes ALL resources in the data set, so the denominator of the expression incorporates everyone's working days.

some resources only book non-chargeable time, so the moment I select that flag, they are coming out of the denominator and causing the chargeable utilisation to appear more.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I have worked this out, sorry guys.

the data includes ALL resources in the data set, so the denominator of the expression incorporates everyone's working days.

some resources only book non-chargeable time, so the moment I select that flag, they are coming out of the denominator and causing the chargeable utilisation to appear more.