Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jjotavve
Contributor II
Contributor II

Greater than or equal in set analysis with variable

Hi,

I'm stuck on a function and I haven't found a solution on a community yet. I suppose I'm not the first one to have this kind of issue so my apologies if this has been posted before.

The following function works as expected:

=Count(DISTINCT {$<$(var1)={"=Sum({$<MonthSerial={$(vMin)}>}$(Sales))<=5000"}>*<$(var1)={"=Count(DISTINCT {$<MonthSerial={$(vMin)}>}[Hierarchy Lev1])<=4"}>}$(var1))

My variable vMin contains a single integer. I would like to add the condition the MonthSerial is >= vMin and not only =. This is what I wrote.

=Count(DISTINCT {$<$(var1)={"=Sum({$<MonthSerial={">=$(vMin)"}>}$(Sales))<=5000"}>*<$(var1)={"=Count(DISTINCT {$<MonthSerial={">=$(vMin)"}>}[Hierarchy Lev1])<=4"}>}$(var1))

The result is null all the the time and I do not see what is wrong in the syntax. Can somebody help me with this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi @Jjotavve, that's because the double quotes of monthseriel is closing the previous double quotes, not opening a new one, try with different symbols like an accent, o double-double quotes:

=Count(DISTINCT {$<$(var1)={"=Sum({$<MonthSerial={´>=$(vMin)´}>}$(Sales))<=5000"}>*<$(var1)={"=Count(DISTINCT {$<MonthSerial={"">=$(vMin)""}>}[Hierarchy Lev1])<=4"}>}$(var1))

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi @Jjotavve, that's because the double quotes of monthseriel is closing the previous double quotes, not opening a new one, try with different symbols like an accent, o double-double quotes:

=Count(DISTINCT {$<$(var1)={"=Sum({$<MonthSerial={´>=$(vMin)´}>}$(Sales))<=5000"}>*<$(var1)={"=Count(DISTINCT {$<MonthSerial={"">=$(vMin)""}>}[Hierarchy Lev1])<=4"}>}$(var1))

Jjotavve
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @rubenmarin, I figured it would come from this and I tried putting triple-double quotes, but not double-double quotes. Ah, I was so close, but your solution works, thanks!