Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Green, Grey, White, . . yellow ?

Hi,

I have just seen a demo on Youtube where the QlikView developer is using yellow as well as green and white.

What does yellow mean, and how do you get to use it ?

Thanks,

MW

22 Replies
john_novello
Contributor II
Contributor II

I've used yellow to highlight exceptions in the data for the end user.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Without having seen the actual video I think Henric has the correct answer. You could also encounter blue if your selections are locked. I seem to remember red as a colour as well but cannot remember in what context. I think it was in older versions.

Colin-Albert

Hi MW,

You will also see Blue highlighting in a listbox to show locked selections.

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You can get Red as state color if you use AND mode. A ctrl click will toggle between green white and red if you keep the mouse key pressed. This way you can ask "Which X does NOT have Y as attribute?"

And mode.png

HIC

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

I knew I had seen it before

Not applicable
Author

Wow. This is fantastic information Henric. I had only seen green, grey and white before. Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Interesting but I can only toggle between green and white, should I enable any preferences to make this work? 

Not applicable
Author

Can there be a situation with both white and yellow?

hic
Former Employee
Former Employee

You need to choose a special color scheme: "Light". (Under Document properties - General). And then you need to enable  "Show Alternatives" for the list box. (Under Properties - General). Then it should work.

HIC

Image1.png

Image3.png

Not applicable
Author

hmm, I am using another Style and styling mode, but even after changing that, it does not work... Anything else I could do. QV 11.20 SR 12.