Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II

Grey Out the List box fields based on the Dynamic values set in expression.

Hello all / especially swuehl and sunindia,

I have discussed the dynamic chart values based on the Amount set on the slider. Now, I would like to know if it's possible to grey out the LIst Box field values if the particular Finlist are not above threshold set through  slider?

I.e. as in attached, vSales_FR = 145000 and only 36-HE Finlist meets the condition hence its present in the straight table. Can we Grey out other unrelated Finelists in the listbox based on the Threshold set ?

PFA the QVW file.

Thanks

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

See if the attached is what you are looking for. I added a trigger to your variable

kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks. But it automatically selects the Finlists which is not needed. If Finlists are within threshold, they should be in WHITE else GREY. So that Users can select appropriately.

Also, the slider movement affects the current selections. The expression should not be shown in the current selections.

sunny_talwar

I don't think you can use a color, but what if you use an expression which flags the FinList which should be selected?

Capture.PNG

kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks again Sunny. But cant we make List boxes fields Associates / not-associated based on the slider value ?

I tried it in the expression of the list box and successful to display only those Finlist values which are valid above the threshold set on Slider. I just want ignored values to be grey out.  Bit tricky but just checking if thats possible?

sunny_talwar

Not sure, but may be swuehl‌ might have a better solution for you

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Hi kishorj1982,

list boxes and their visual appearance are pretty tightly coupled to the selection state of fields. I think that's why you just can't change the appearance as you like.

I think we already discussed this some weeks ago

Re: List Box Issue

and unfortunately, Qlik hasn't changed this inbetween.

There are a couple of potential workarounds already mentioned here and in the other thread, straight table with coloring, indicator expressions in the list box, alternate states etc.

I think I haven't got much to add here.

Personally, I wouldn't create a list box like object with the requested behaviour, since users might get confused knowing that grey means excluded from current selection (but since there is no selection, no exclusion), so this won't represent the selection state properly.

Regards,

Stefan

kishorj1982
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks Sunny / Stefen  for clarifying it.