Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Grouped bar chart with dimension axis set to Continuous – is it possible?

Hello all.

I have a line graph with the dimension MonthName(full_date) and 2 expressions: median(LOS_IncLeave) and median(LOS_ExcLeave).

The dimension axis is set to Continuous.

I am struggling to convert the chart to a grouped bar chart – it keeps changing to a stacked bar chart, even with grouped checked and even if I start from scratch.

The only way I can get a grouped bar chart is if I uncheck Continuous for dimension axis (which is no good for me).

Any suggestions? I’ve seen a couple of forums where there was no success…

Thanks in advance, Michael.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I believe that continues axis only works for numeric values. If you are using monthname wont work

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Using the function Monthname() will return a dual with an underlying numerical value, so this should be ok.

But I just don't think you can get a grouped bar chart with continuous axis and two expression.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What do you mean continuous axis?  do you mean across more than 1 year?

I've attached a qv file to play with.  I don't have any problem producing the Grouped graph but would do if I had 2 values on the x axis.

If you want to display more than 12 months along the axis you can use Stefan's method above or add a script item to build a new field that contains your Month/Year.  problem with the second option is the sort order - which can be solved by different means.

Capture.JPG

I take that back, I haven't attached my qv file because don't know how to.  will have to work on that!!!