Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cmetropo
Contributor
Contributor

Grouping Count of Multiple Instances by Month/Year

I'll start off by saying I'm just getting my feet wet in Qlikview.  I have 3 tables(Excel files A,B,C) which I'm trying to put into a bar chart showing the number of records created by month/year.  I'd like the bars stacked for all instances from the 3 tables.  I tried making the dimension (MonthName(Date([Created Date],'MM-YYYY')) and the expression Count([A records]), Count([B Records]), Count([C Records]).  I can display the information successfully if I just use Table A information, but when I try to bring in table B and C it seems to make the relationship of created date for those records and they are marked as null.  I attempted to make separate fields for [Created Date] so (MonthName(Date([Created Date],'MM-YYYY')) as ACreatedDate, BCreatedDate, CCreatedDate, but that didn't make a difference. 

4 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

can you share a sample data and develop your need ?

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
cmetropo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have uploaded a sample.  There are 3 files about audits from different sections.  I'm trying to add the 3 files as separate tables which don't share any key fields to be able to count the number of audits by type for a month and year.  I'd like to display it in a stacked bar chart so App + Tech + Building are in one bar with different coloring showing each's portion for that month / year.

Taoufiq_Zarra

you say 3 A B C files while the shared file there is only one sheet

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

I suspect what you may be missing is a master calendar to have a common date across things, only way of which I can think to do things given how you described things were otherwise.  Here is a Design Blog on how to do this:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-Master-Calendar/ba-p/1471527

I am also including the base Design Blog URL for you in case you want to search for other post, there are over 700 of them, so you should be able to find some helpful posts to get you pointed in the right direction on things.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.