Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sergi_arbos
Partner - Contributor III

Grouping in a chart

I have a table with expedients and their OpenDate and CloseDate.

If an expedient is open for 1 to 5 days it must belong to group 1, if is open for 6 to 15, group 2, if it is open for 16 to 30 days then it must be on group 3... and so up to 8 groups.

My costumer wants to be able to choose an interval date StartDate and EndDate and then wants to know:

How many expedients are open (StartDate < CloseDate) in each group in that interval AND the sum of the days of the expedients in each group in the interval.

Result expected:

tableWanted.png

Caveas:

The group depends on the EndDate selected dynamically by the user, I mean:

if an expedient is open for 50 days (group 4) but the user selects the EndDate as OpenDate + 8, the expedient must be added to the Group 2 (from 6 to 15 days) and only 8 days must be add to the sum of the days on that group (not 50 days).

Thanks in advance,

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think you can use variables to take user inputs and set the ranges by using those variables. You have not provided a raw data sample to show you how it can be done, but I guess if you try it, you might be able to accomplish it on your own

sergi_arbos
Author

I've been two full days working in it and I couldn't find any solution... nor my fellow coworkers.

I can give you some data, but it's only: expedient code, opendate, closedate

The problem is showing the data in a dimension (group1, group2...) that is dinamic as the user selects the StartData and EndData.

sunny_talwar

Yes those are the fields that we would need to come up with the solution. Please provide that information in an Excel file.

sergi_arbos
Author

I've solved it with a custom dimension with an "if" for each group.