Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dawgfather
Creator
Creator

Hard coding additional filters into a chart/text box

I am wondering how to add a "filter" to a chart or text box so that a "filter" is "hard-coded".

For example, I have a chart that displays the number of Yes/No results - the dimension is the field [Yes/No] and the expression is a simple "Count(Distinct [Names])". I want to add an additional criteria to the chart so that no matter what the Current Selections are at the time, the chart will always include ONLY those [Names] where they are of "Type = Current" - something similar to a WHERE command.

If I make the selection of the field Type and highlight "Current" I get the results I need, but I want to make it so I don't have to make that selection. I can then also make a text box that spells out "# confirmed = xxx" (the count of "Current" "Names" = "Yes") and "# Left to Confirm = yyy" (the count of "Current" "Names" = "No").

I have tried If statements and some others, but there has to be a rather simple expression to add in.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You can use Set Analysis for that:

Count(DISTINCT {<Type = {'Current'}>} Names) or

Count(DISTINCT {1<Type = {'Current'}>} Names)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
sunny_talwar

You can use Set Analysis for that:

Count(DISTINCT {<Type = {'Current'}>} Names) or

Count(DISTINCT {1<Type = {'Current'}>} Names)