Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone worked with Financial Historical Performance – Cumulative Returns of Funds, Indexes, Accounts – I need help…

Hi all,

The context: Historical Performance – Cumulative Returns of Funds, Indexes, Accounts or a combination of them:

I am developing an application the show the financial performance of Accounts (could be portfolios or Funds makes no difference. On the second tab I have a straight table showing the entire historical performance based on the user selections. The main selections are the Star and End Dates that define the date range tor the Series Calculation on the expressions on the table and the Account Name or multiple account names selected. The ideal would be able to drill down to the CUSIP level....

The Roadblock where I need help:

I need only to show the last row for the end date on these calculations on a separate straight table (or text boxes alternatively)to be displayed like this:

CummRtrn 01.PNG

And later, add volatility like this:

CummRtrn 02.PNG

Constrain:

All this needs to be done dynamically no at the LOAD time in the script.

I have attached a test QVW for you to have the opportunity to test, show and share with all of us your solution. Data was Scramble for obvious reasons and script was also removed from the QVW

Thanks …

Miguel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Multiply your expressions with this

* Avg({$<CalendarDate={"$(=Date(vSliderMaxDate))"}>} 1)

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Are the above expected output for a specific expression or are they random numbers you posted in the screenshot above?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The two images – screenshots are just filled with sample numbers for illustration purposes. They are not expected results.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to provide the expected output from the sample you have provided?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

For the QVW attache originally and these "Current Selections" shown below:

Current Selections.PNG

The expected results will be a single row as of 3/10/2017 (End Date on the Date Range selected)… preferable in a straight table, alternatively, we could build the presentation with Text Boxes that hold each heading and each value and put them in a container.

Headings and Values.PNG

sunny_talwar

Multiply your expressions with this

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sunny,

Thank you!

Could you please tell in words what this is doing and why does it work?

Thanks again.

Miguel

sunny_talwar

All it is doing is making the max date stay using the set analysis which tells the Avg(1) to be 1 when max date and 0 when not the max date. So, multiplying by 0 makes all the rows 0 expect the max date.

Does this make sense?