Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jegadeesan
Creator
Creator

Have to show share % in stacked bar chart

Hi All,

When i am trying to show the percentage of brand share in stacked bar chart along with latest 12 months, the share of the brand for the selected period get splits over latest 12 months instead showing individual month share...

Using the below given expression to drive this...

Sum({<IMSAsOfPeriod ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(IMSAsOfPeriod), -11), 'MMM-YY') & '<=' & Date(Max(IMSAsOfPeriod), 'MMM-YY'))"},IMSFlag={'Current'},IMSAsOfYear, IMSAsOfMonth>}NVALUE)

/

(Sum(total{<IMSAsOfPeriod ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(IMSAsOfPeriod), -11), 'MMM-YY') & '<=' & Date(Max(IMSAsOfPeriod), 'MMM-YY'))"},IMSFlag={'Current'},IMSAsOfYear, IMSAsOfMonth,BRANDS>}NVALUE))*100

Can anyone help me out of this...

Regards,

Jegadeesan G

33 Replies
jegadeesan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny,

Am getting one issue now in above given solution... The share of the brand value comes wrong when I restricting top 5 brands in stacked bar for selected period...

Regards,

Jegadeesan G

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to show the issue?

jegadeesan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi sunny,

I used below given expression in calculated dimension to show only top 5 brands

=if(aggr(rank(sum({<IMSAsOfYear={'$(=max(IMSAsOfYear))'}>}NVALUE)),BRANDS)<=5,BRANDS)

and used this expression in expression tab

Sum({<IMSAsOfPeriod ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(IMSAsOfPeriod), -11), 'MMM-YY') & '<=' & Date(Max(IMSAsOfPeriod), 'MMM-YY'))"},IMSFlag={'Current'},IMSAsOfYear, IMSAsOfMonth>}NVALUE)
/
(
Sum(TOTAL<IMSAsOfPeriod>{<IMSAsOfPeriod ={"$(='>=' & Date(AddMonths(Max(IMSAsOfPeriod), -11), 'MMM-YY') & '<=' & Date(Max(IMSAsOfPeriod), 'MMM-YY'))"},IMSFlag={'Current'},IMSAsOfYear, IMSAsOfMonth,BRANDS>}NVALUE))

This expression works fine when the brand is below 5 or equal to 5 for the selected period.... I mean, only sold brand for the selected period...

There are some other brand also sold in selected period for example (Jan - 2016)... The brand share totals 100% when i am trying to show only top 5...

Capture.PNG

jegadeesan
Creator
Creator
Author

Attached QVW...

Tab Incremental share and chart MTH Value market share in %

Regards

Jegadeesan G

sunny_talwar

There is no data in the application it seems

jegadeesan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny

data is large. maximum size of attachment is 300mb will shorten the data as soon as possible

sunny_talwar

Sounds good... will wait

jegadeesan
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sunny....

Due to large data. I have upload file in google drive

Test.qvw - Google Drive

Pls Kindly have a look on it

sunny_talwar

You can attach large files here as well? How large is the file? The reason I ask this is because I don't have access to google drive at work and won't be able to look until I am home