Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Having difficulty downloading a qlikview file from another user using the qlikview personal edition

Hi, I'm taking a class on lynda.com and in order to follow along you need to download the exercise examples. When I go to download the exercise examples I receive an error message saying that I only can only have 4 attempts to download a file from another user otherwise  I will be locked out of the software. Any suggestions? I contacted Qlik and they said that I would have to purchase the business edition which goes for $1350. This is not a viable option considering I am a student now and can not afford that option.

5 Replies
robert_mika
Master III
Master III

I do not think you have got any option untill you can use Qlikview at work where you have licence or ask Lynda.com for a dataset+script to upload the exercises.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

personal edition only allows you to open 4 foreign documents

you Need a licence to get full access

I am not sure if Student prices exists. Contact Qliktech sales persons.

Please check with Qliksense, I have heard that you might donot have this limit

you cannot open a qlikview document. but you can open qvds (with the data)

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your advice. I will ask the teacher on Lynda.com for the

dataset and script.

On Thursday, February 19, 2015, Robert Mika <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

You are welcome.

You can make this question as answered to close the topic.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You can also ask them if they can make their examples usable with Personal Edition.  I think it is possible with the help from QlikTech.