Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Live chat with experts, bring your API Integration questions. June 15th, 10 AM ET. REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help in a complicated Set Analysis expression

Hi Community,

I need a little help in a set analysis expression. The expression is mentioned below:

=SUM({<BUDGET_DATE = {">=$(=Num((Max(BUDGET_DATE))))<=$(=DATE(MONTHSTART(Today()),'DD-MM-YYYY'))"}>}BUDGET_BALANCE)

The budget_date has 12 dates (12 month ends of 2016). This expression returns me January 2016 (balances). I want February 2016.

What I have tried so far is:

=SUM({<BUDGET_DATE ={">=$(>=Num((Max(BUDGET_DATE))))<=$(=DATE(MONTHEND(Today())+1,'DD-MM-YYYY'))"}>}BUDGET_BALANCE)

The result I get with the above expression accumulates January and February, though I only want February. Moreover please also mention how should I go to next month date as well. i.e March 2016.

Thank You

Usama

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this:

=Sum({<BUDGET_DATE = {">=$(=Date(AddMonths(MonthStart(Today()), 1),'DD-MM-YYYY'))<=$(=Date(AddMonths(MonthEnd(Today()), 1),'DD-MM-YYYY'))"}>}BUDGET_BALANCE)

balrajahlawat
Champion
Champion

try this?

=SUM({<BUDGET_DATE= ,

BUDGET_DATE = {'>=$(=date(Max(BUDGET_DATE)),'DD-MM-YYYY')<=$(=DATE(MONTHSTART(Today()),'DD-MM-YYYY'))'}>} BUDGET_BALANCE)

Also make sure Format of BUDGET_DATE should be 'DD-MM-YYYY'

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Sunny and Balraj for your help.

=Sum({<BUDGET_DATE = {">=$(=Date(MonthStart(Today()),'DD-MM-YYYY'))<=$(=Date(MonthEnd(Today()),'DD-MM-YYYY'))"}>}BUDGET_BALANCE) worked out for me.

Regards,

Usama

sunny_talwar

Awesome, I am glad we were able to help.

Please close this thread by marking the correct and helpful answers.

Best,

Sunny