Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II

Help required to create user in QlikView Server11

Hello Friends/Gurus/Formus

I am novices. I had installed QlikView Server 11(QV Managment Console, Qv AccessPoint) in my desktop.
My focus is as Follows:

1. Creation of multiple User.

2. Uploading of *.QVW file in QV Server and to provide limited access to some user. How to define such access/rights?.

3. Suppose I had create 2 QVW file ie 1FILE.QVW, 2FILE.QVW. Now, How to uploaded 2 QVW?. And having 2 User ie 1user & 2user.
   then in Accesspoint 1FILE.QVW file should be get access only by 1user and 2FILE.QVW file should get only access by 2user .

It will be great help if anybody guide me How to do all above following process mentiond. Because It is very urgent for me.

Thanks in Advance

Shantanu

3 Replies
Not applicable

Shantanu:

Not sure if you found answers to your questions.

Here is my response

1.You cannot create users on QlikView management console. You have to either create users in a Active directory group or some other group.

2.You have to define folder structure for your Source and user documents. Once these folder are created and mounted, you can copy and paste your .Qvw in the Source document folder.

Once your qvw is in source document and shows up on QMC, create Reload(for data load) and distribute(for document to be visible on accesspoint)

You can give user access at this level. These users can be named users like 1user and 2User or an active directory group.

User authorization/security can also be managed by Section access in the qvw script.

Hope this helps.

shantanu73
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Chand,

It is too late. But, let me 1st tell u thanks for your response.

And Sorry, to ask some more question again.

1.  What is Active directory group or some other group?. Is't related to QV server?.

If yes, Can u explain how to create it and how to use it.

MyUnderstanding

-------------------------

We can access the QV Server from all those USER which we had created in that machine only where QV Server is installed.

2.Point is clear

I am waiting for your answer.

Thanks in Advance

Shantanu

Not applicable

Shantanu:

Active directory Server is directory structure where all the users of an enterprise are stored.

When a new employee joins a company his/her information is entered into the Active directory server and based on that he gets his login permission to his laptop and other applications.

Active directory is just one application to do this. There are many others.

Similary for QlikView Dashboard, you can create an Active directory group with groups,roles,authorization level etc. and this group you use to give  access to your document in the Qlikview management console.

In QMC you can give permission to the qvws based on the named users, windows user or Active directory group.

Your security admin or your manager should be able to guide you how to create active directory groups.

It is a separate section,it has nothing to do with Qlikview. You just access users created in Active directory in your QMC to give access to the Qvws.