Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
Join us at the Cloud Data and Analytics Tour! REGISTER TODAY
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator

Help with Aggr () not working

I am trying to aggregate the total value of the count result as below. but this is not happening

Sum(Aggr(Count({<RECORD_TYPE = {ORDERED, SHIPPED}>} DISTINCT BILLTOCUSTEDP),OFFERNUM))

I am trying to aggregate the same offernumber

below is before aggregating:

aggr2.JPG

below is after aggregating, the total should be 19 , but it still shows as 18

aggr1.JPG

25 Replies
sunny_talwar

What happens when you add Offer Name to your aggr?

Sum(Aggr(Count({<RECORD_TYPE = {ORDERED, SHIPPED}>} DISTINCT BILLTOCUSTEDP),OFFERNUM, [Offer Name]))

qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Below is when I include Offer name, its'nt still not aggregating

promo3.JPG

sunny_talwar

I am not sure what you mean? Do you not want to see the total as 19? What do you want to see?

qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes, when its aggregated, I want it to to be shown as 19 in a single row. Below , instead of 18 I want it to be 19

aggr1.JPG

sunny_talwar

May be try this:

If(Len(Trim([Offer Name])) > 0, Sum(TOTAL <OFFERNUM>Aggr(Count({<RECORD_TYPE = {ORDERED, SHIPPED}>} DISTINCT BILLTOCUSTEDP),OFFERNUM, [Offer Name])))

qvqfqlik
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Sunny , In that row , I got it as 19 , but in the Total row, I still see it as 0

promo4.JPG

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Would you provide application to work on it? We may help you what was the wrong over there?

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
sunny_talwar

May be make sure of Dimensionality() here.... Check what you get for Dimensionality() in the total row and use or condition like this:

If(Len(Trim([Offer Name])) > 0 or Dimensionality() = '---', Sum(TOTAL <OFFERNUM>Aggr(Count({<RECORD_TYPE = {ORDERED, SHIPPED}>} DISTINCT BILLTOCUSTEDP),OFFERNUM, [Offer Name])))

Replace '---' with the number you find when you use Dimensionality() as an expression

sunny_talwar

I guess you deleted your comment, but this might still be useful to see....

Did you read my comment?

Capture.PNG

If you are still not sure, take a look here:

How to use - Dimensionality()

If this doesn't help, I would suggest you to share your app so that we can help you out