cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Help with error "La conexión está ocupada con los resultados de otro hstmt"

Hi everybody.

Does anyone nows what to do when the script brings the message (in spanish):

"La conexión está ocupada con los resultados de otro hstmt"??

I browsed the stuff in google and they say it's related with the Microsoft SQL ODBC connection. Supposedly it means that the manager can only control one active instruction at a time:

"Al tener acceso a una base de datos de SQL Server como origen de datos ODBC en las versiones de Visual Basic 3.0 o 4.0 con el Microsoft Access versión 2.0 instalado en la capa de compatibilidad, el mensaje de error puede producirse 3146:

Error de llamada de ODBC. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver]La conexión está ocupada con resultados de otro hstmt [#0]

Este error es el resultado del controlador ODBC de SQL Server. El controlador sólo puede controlar una instrucción activa en un momento. La instrucción permanece activa hasta que se recuperan todas las filas".

I happen to have 2 queries to the same instance, and was wondering if # of queries would be a limitation for the product?? Or would it be more of a bug or a technical stuff that needs to be addressed??

I'm running a free desktop version of Qlikview 11.

Thanks in advance,

Javier Silvio M.

1 Reply
karelibarcar
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hola Javier,

Estoy teniendo el mismo problema, tal vez lograste solucionar este inconveniente? Me podrías ayudar por favor 🙂