Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hi All

Hi All,

Hope you all doing well. i am a new into qlikview.

Assume my fiscal year starts on 1st Oct how to calculate the YTD,MTD,WTD, and please let me know the both dynamically and statistically.

with example of scripting. that is very help full to in future

Regards,

Siva

2 Replies
stonecold111
Creator III
Creator III

Year, Quarter, Month and Week To Date are the common analysis that I seen many applications. I will share the expression to do here

First to do this your data model should have the DateField in number format by applying floor

Similar to this

Floor(DateField) AS DateNum //it will gives you one whole number to represent date

YTD - Year To Date

A date should be selected and it will look for the Starting date of the year to the selected date.

Ex: date selected is 21-03-2014 then YTD is 01-01-2014 to 21-03-2014

Expression would be

Sum({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, Week=, DateField=, DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum))))<=$(=Max(DateNum))"}>} Sales)

QTD- Quarter to Date

In the place of year use Quarter

Sum({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, Week=, DateField=, DateNum={">=$(=Num(YearStart(Max(DateNum))))<=$(=Max(DateNum))"}>} Sales)

MTD- Month to Date

Sum({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, Week=, DateField=, DateNum={">=$(=Num(MonthStart(Max(DateNum))))<=$(=Max(DateNum))"}>} Sales)

WTD- Week to Date

Sum({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, Week=, DateField=, DateNum={">=$(=Num(WeekStart(Max(DateNum))))<=$(=Max(DateNum))"}>} Sales)

if you want you can set a variable value as 'Year', 'Month', 'Quarter', 'Week', lets say vToDate and go with single chart and single expression

Sum({<Year=, Month=, Quarter=, Week=, DateField=, DateNum={">=$(=Num($(=vToDate& 'Start(Max(DateNum))')))<=$(=Max(DateNum))"}>} Sales)

Not applicable
Author

Hi Suresh,

This i checked already in Community itself. Nut i need it through scripting with example.

But appreciate your quick response.

Regards,

Siva