Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hidden Sheets

Hello !

Does anyone know a way to do a hidden sheet in QV ? Just like we do in Excel ?

Why ?

Many times I'd like to leave a sheet with several fields used for checking. That is, fields that I, AS A DEVELOPER, like to use. But they are meaningless for the end user. Or , they may be messy.

They are very , very HANDY FOR ME, but not for the end user.

So I'd like to leave them there and, should there be any complaint about the data, I would open up this hidden sheet and see what's going on.

Any ideas ?

Thanks !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Adriano,

use "Show Condition" within Sheet Properties to hide sheets. For example, condition "1=2" will hide the Sheet permanently. You can then unhide it when needed from the "Sheets" tab within the Document Properties. You can also condition it based on the User Name (use function OSUser() for that) and make then only visible to yourself.

Don't go wild with hidden sheets though - the word is that they affect performance and use up extra memory.

cheers,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Adriano,

use "Show Condition" within Sheet Properties to hide sheets. For example, condition "1=2" will hide the Sheet permanently. You can then unhide it when needed from the "Sheets" tab within the Document Properties. You can also condition it based on the User Name (use function OSUser() for that) and make then only visible to yourself.

Don't go wild with hidden sheets though - the word is that they affect performance and use up extra memory.

cheers,

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Agreed

Not applicable
Author

Great !

Perfect !

I should study more the "hidden" fields of QV itself !

Thanks !