Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide Ojects in Case of Any Reload Error.

Hi All,

Need some help on the below mentioned scenario and if this is can be achieved.

I want to hide sheet objects if there is an error in the reload process. i.e if ErrorMode <0. I have several tabs in the data load and want to hide objects with a pop up message for the user when an error occurs in any of the load process.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Simply test the error mode in the conditional show of your objects

View solution in original post

4 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Simply test the error mode in the conditional show of your objects

Not applicable
Author

Amir,

I would say if you have an error in the load script to fail the load script, investigate the error then reload and publish.  If you are trying to perform exception reporting I would utilise the Alerts functionality rather than hiding objects.  This will send an email to the users if anything goes wrong. 

Felim

tresesco
MVP
MVP

=Num(ScriptError)=0

Not applicable
Author

Hi Alessandro,

Thank your your suggestion. To start with I was able to hide objects in case of error for 2 Obejcts. However, the challenge would be to implement the same on almost 300 objects. This will require a lot of manual effort to make it conditional show.

Please let me know if we have any solution through scripting to hide all the required objects. Also I had an idea to update excel sheets with all the objects and flag for show/hide. Please let me know if you have better solution for the -problem.

Thanks in advance.