Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sspawar88
Creator II
Creator II

Hide Table on selection in list Box

Hi Community,

if i'm having one list box which are having seven department name.

i have created seven different table in which contain all related column of department separately.

how can i implement

--> When i click on one department name the related table should appear other should be hide.

what can i do for it in my qlikview application.?

25 Replies
sunny_talwar

You will have to specify the name of the field without single quote and on what value you would want to see your table based on

=GetFieldSelections(Field_Name) = 'Value'

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Or maybe use this as conditional expression:

=Sum({<FIELD_NAME *= {'Department 1'}>} 1)

replace FIELD_NAME and the field value to check with your field name used and field value to check.

This will also work with multiple selections, but it will show the chart also if no selections are made (default QV logic).

sspawar88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

without single quote it is showing error.

By assuming the filed name AB-AC, when i click on that in my list box, alredy created table should be invisible.

what would be the expression?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

For demonstration purposes, you cannot have both a listbox field called 'AB-AC' and a selected value 'AB-AC' in that same listbox.

If I have a listbox displaying a field called 'DepartmentNames', and I have a chart called 'Dep1_figures' that should be visible whenever I select value 'Dept1' in listbox 'DepartmentNames', use this as conditional show expression:

=GetFieldSelections(DepartmentNames) = 'Dept1'

This won't display any chart at all whenever you select more than one value in the listbox. Better enable AlwaysOneSelected in the Listbox properties. Or use WildMatch().

Peter

PS Andrew's example document below shows you exactly how you should proceed to get the intended effect.

sspawar88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

SUPPOSE i'm having' list box in which one filed is 'CHEQUE_MONTHLY-CQDF60' and i have created diffrent one table.

what will be the expression for conditional layout?

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Same as with your previous post: there is a difference between the name of the field you want to check, and the actual value in that field you want to check. Let me reply with two questions. Your answers may resolve this issue as clearly as possible:

You say you have a listbox in your document. What is the name of the field this listbox is displaying? To find out, rightclick the listbox, select Properties from the menu, go to the General tab and copy the text that is displayed in the Field selection list.

You say you have a table that should be made visible only if a very specific value is selected in that listbox. What is the value that must be selected to display table 1? To find out, press the Clear button in the toolbar, select that particular value in your listbox, and whatever text is now displayed in bright green, you copy in your reply.

At best, you should be able to reply with two values (and not just one like you seem to prefer):

1. Field name = ..........

2. Selected value = ...........

Best,

Peter

HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi ,

Check this,

Show/Hide image based on Listbox value selection

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
awhitfield
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

Check my example!

sspawar88
Creator II
Creator II
Author

yes. i download it.

but i dont know why there is no any expression in it.

Can you please check.

sunny_talwar

I see it

Capture.PNG