cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hide/Unhide Pie Charts Help

Hi All,

I need some help with hiding  Pie Charts  where I have 4 Pie Charts base on the “Reporting
Date”. Currently I have this in my Layout – Show Condition – “GetSelectedCount(ReportingDate)>0”.
It works if I have one pie chart.

How can I hide the other 3 pie charts if I select any 1 pie chart?

For Example:  If selected Reporting Date-

12/31/2014–Pie Chart will display Current quarter date and previous 3 quarter date (Such as
9/30; 6/30; and 3/31)

Then I will select anywhere on 12/31/2014 pie chart where the other 3 pie charts will be hidded.

Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Frank

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear which logic those four pie-charts connected? Is there one unique which you could fetch with the getselectedcount or getfieldselections from any field then you might need to combine those statements.

If not you will need to use a container for your charts or a button(s) which switch the visibility from these objects.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Marcus,

Those 4 pies connected to a Status dimension where i use Count(Status) with "ReportingDate"  set anyalysis for my expression. I tried with both of these "getselectedcount or getfieldselections ", pie charts still active.

I'll give it a try with container or buttons to see if it works.

Thanks for the info.

Frank

Not applicable
Author

you need to add conditional show for each chart like you are doing but you somehow need to differntiate.  I did something similar on a combo chart with expressions.  The first line only showed if I had my main entity selected, lets call it region.  My region would then display all of the plants within the region - when I then clicked on the plan bar, it was a drill down to a to the next level but had a different line showing - this line would only show if a plant was selected

For the clicking after the first one, conditions need to be determined based on additional clicks (if that makes sense)