Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Hide a Guage in pivot table if value is null

As the title says really!

I have a field set to a gauge in a pivot table and I'd like to hide the gauge if the value is null / missing.

I've read the Null/Nothing document but I can't spot a way to make it work from this.

null guauge.JPG

The value is missing rather than null, I tried to see if making it null hid the gauge but this doesn't work

=if(len(only({<Property={'Size'}, Type={'Disk'}>}Value)) >0,(sum({$<Property={'Size'}, Type={'Disk'}>}Value) - sum({$<Property={'Available'}, Type={'Disk'}>}Value))/sum({$<Property={'Size'}, Type={'Disk'}>}Value),null())

7 Replies
vikasmahajan

can you attach sample ?

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

attached

vikasmahajan

see it if works for you

Vikas

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

Hi Vikas,

Did you just suppress the dimension when Null? Sorry my main app has that, I should have said.

That works, but not once you drag the field to the top row, that is when the issue occurs

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Do you want to suppress the row if the gauges are null? Then you need to make sure all the expressions evaluate to null or zero, and turn on Suppress Null Values.

OR do you want to hide gauges only if they are null, but keep the row for the other values? I don't think that is possible, but you could possibly make them disappear by conditionally changing the colour to white.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
vikasmahajan

Agree with Jon

adamdavi3s
Master
Master
Author

Hi John,

Jonathan Dienst &lt;span class=&quot;icon-status-icon icon-mvp&quot; title=&quot;Mvp&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt; &lt;span class=&quot;icon-status-icon icon-partner&quot; title=&quot;Partner&quot;&gt;&lt;/span&gt; wrote:

OR do you want to hide gauges only if they are null, but keep the row for the other values? I don't think that is possible, but you could possibly make them disappear by conditionally changing the colour to white.

That exactly, I appreciate you can suppress rows using the built in null features, but this gets shot to bits when pivoting.

Thank you for confirming it isn't possible in any standard way, I'll mess around with trying to hide it visually!