Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Hide a field

Dear Experts,

I am generating a sales and profit report.

I need to distribute the file for different departments.

I want to hide the profit from certain department; I want the same report for CEO and marketing but the CEO see the gross profit where as the marketing do not see the gross profit.

How can I do it?

Thank you.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

could you attach sample app

so that it would be more clear

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Do you have publisher? If yes, you could reduce the application and distribute accordingly. Else, section access could be the option. And it doesn't seem to be a case of hiding a field.

Not applicable
Author

This is a sample of my data.

I don't want the red dot (gross profit) to appear when the file is distributed to the marketing.

Yes I have the publisher; tresesco can you please explain more about the options you mantionned?

Thank you

tresesco
MVP
MVP

So you need to hide an expression. One easier idea could be using qvuser() (if using section access) or osuser(). Expression enablement condition for gross profit expression would be like:

=Osuser()= 'CEOuserid'

Not applicable
Author

Sorry tresesco but I am very new to Qlikview I did not understand your answer.

What is section access?

What does =Osuser()= 'CEOuserid' mean?

Gross profit is a field that I am reading from the database in Load statement so I want something that will disable the read of this field so the field will not display in all reports.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

For section access, download the pdf from: here . You could use OMIT to make a field invisible from users.