Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prma7799
Master III
Master III

Hide expression in Access point

Hi Experts,

I want to know how to hide our qvd file expression in access point from the user.

Untitled.png

Thanks

Prashant

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Not from QMC, open the qvw file in desktop mode(double click the physical application); make the changes; save it; check in the accesspoint.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Prashant,

Uncheck "Allow Creation of Server Objects" om QMC->Documents->User Documents ->Server Object

Suppose in User Documents you are having one app as ABC.qvw than select this one and Uncheck "Allow Creation of Server Objects" against this app. After doing this user can't see properties of your objects.

Thanks,
AS

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Right click on qv app(in the server) sheet->Security tab-> Uncheck 'Access Sheet Object Properties', check 'Apply to all sheets'.

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Amit,

I did this but still it is showing me the properties and expression also.

Do the needful.

Thanks

Prashant

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Brother hope you have run the task after this change.

Thanks,

AS

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Tresesco,

I unable see sheet->Security tab-> Uncheck 'Access Sheet Object Properties' option. I want to hide qvw expression on access point.

Thanks

Prashant

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hiding expression in the accesspoint is controlled from the server application. Hope you are working in server application. Right click (on any sheet of the concerned application)->Security tab....

prma7799
Master III
Master III
Author

I dint get that option when I do right click on it.....Untitled.png

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Not from QMC, open the qvw file in desktop mode(double click the physical application); make the changes; save it; check in the accesspoint.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Might be here:

Thanks,
AS